Thursday, March 10, 2011

Beginning Stages

Well, I have sent in all of the necessary paperwork to begin on my travels to Africa.  My sister and I will be traveling to Nairobi, Kenya to take part in a medical mission trip.  I know that this will be amazing and I will surely be humbled by the entire experience. 

It all began years ago when I had a desire to travel across the world to do mission work.  I really have not had a chance to participate in such a mission until now.  My sister called me in January and threw out the idea of us going to Africa.  She said that she will continue to pursue the opportunity even if I choose not to go.

I needed to secure some funds as the trip is going to cost us $3300.00.  I have been blessed by our church and they have given me $1500.00 to put toward the trip.  I couldn't be more excited to start this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment