Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 4 cont.

3-year old boy in the slums
I put this picture at the top because this picture is one that will forever be etched in my mind.  This little boy followed us around the slums for quite some time with his friend who was playing with a tire.  It had dawned on me that a child like this does not have toys like my children had and they find whatever they can to entertain themselves.  I asked the local if this was a normal thing for children to be walking around with glass and he said that playing with a piece of glass was of no concern to them since they have much bigger problems.  I was also concerened with the fact that this boy and his friend followed us for a while and there were no parents frantic or worried about them.  I wondered how at such a young age he knew how to get back to his house when he seemed to be far from where we first met him.  The local convinced him to put the glass down, but I would assume he found something just as dangerous to play with once he was on his own again.

No comments:

Post a Comment